I came across the work of Dr Sailesh Rao just a couple of weeks ago at the recommendation of Dr Michael Klaper.
I’m certainly grateful for that recommendation. Since you’re tuning in to this podcast I’m guessing you’ve made the connection that you can be fit, strong and healthy living a vegan lifestyle. You likely value the life of an animal over your taste and convenience and the longer you’ve been rocking a #plantstrong lifestyle you’re hopefully discovering that actually no sacrifice of taste or convenience need ever been made. There is just so much plant based deliciousness to choose from!
However what I didn’t know, what I’m so fascinated to discuss today is just how terrifyingly interconnected BigMeat, BigPharma, BigChem and even BigMedia are. I know I’m jumping ahead and I’m super aware of the conspiracy theory type of tone however, please stick with me!
This moment in history is urgent. Yes, for the animals, also for us – and for Earth – we are running out of time and we desperately need the mass transition of society to a Vegan diet.
Heavy intro right? Todays chat will be hopeful too. We’ll dig in with what a Vegan World in 2026 would look like… a world where we transition from a Predator species (Homo Sapiens) to a Caretaker species (Homo Ahimsa). From Normalized Violence to Normalized NON-Violence.
I LOVE the sound of that.
Let’s cover off a tad of official bio first: Dr. Sailesh Rao is the Founder and Executive Director of Climate Healers, a non-profit dedicated towards healing the Earth’s climate. Dr Rao is a systems specialist with a Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University who worked on the internet communications infrastructure for twenty years after graduation.
In 2006, he switched careers and became deeply immersed in solving the environmental crises affecting humanity. Dr. Rao is the author of two books, Carbon Dharma: The Occupation of Butterflies and Carbon Yoga: The Vegan Metamorphosis, and an Executive Producer of four documentaries, The Human Experiment (2013), Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret (2014), What The Health (2017), and A Prayer for Compassion (2019).
A star-struck grandfather Sailesh has promised his granddaughter that the world will be largely Vegan before she turns 16 in 2026, so that people will stop eating her relatives, the animals.
I found the prep for this chat so fascinating. The pieces of a jigsaw puzzle coming together and the picture isn’t pretty however it could be.
Healing The Earth’s Climate and Creating A Vegan World 2026 with Dr Sailesh Rao.
In this chat we cover:
- Sailesh’s experience working as an engineer on creating the internet before it was the “I can’t live without it” necessity it is today, when people thought it might not take off. He compares that with the vegan movement today in a very hopeful and positive way.
- We talk about “Meatocracy” and the global campaign to evolve beyond it. “Meatocracy” comprises: Big Meat, Big Pharma, Big Chem and Big Media and it is the weakest link in the “Corporatocracy” that is destroying the planet, torturing the animals and ruining our health, because it is entirely dependent on our willingness to play along.
- The thermostat species. Humans, unknowingly to them, warmed the earth – delaying the onset of the next ice age. We have the ability to help the earth regulate its temperature.
- The in-congruency in the use of the word “sustainable” in relation to our current food system.
- How we’ve artificially created scarcity from a natural abundance.
- How to Create A Sustainable Civilization and manage the human economy so that human beings and nature thrive.
- The Vegan World 2026 campaign, where we will enjoy a “life-enriching culture of normalized nonviolence”.
We briefly touched on so much in this conversation.
I strongly urge you to check out https://www.climatehealers.org/ for a deeper understanding of just how messed up the current “Game” we’re playing is and importantly what the world might look like – will look like – if we transition from a predator species to a caretaker species.
I also recommend you watch: “The Films THEY Don’t Want You To See.” That’s, The Human Experiment (2013), Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret (2014), What The Health (2017), A Prayer for Compassion (2019) and also Countdown to Year Zero.
Also check out: Who are They?
I want to quote briefly from this page of climatehealers.com because I know I skimmed over it in my chat with Sailesh.
“Taken altogether then– BigMeat and the industries of BigPharma and BigChemical (which both depend on BigMeat for their majority revenues) all combine to make a massive, interdependent corporatocracy with total financial assets that rival the world’s top global economies. Taken together, these industries- this “Meatocracy” – contribute to more cruelty, disease, pollution and environmental destruction than all other sectors of human activity combined.
But the rabbit hole goes deeper: an in-depth analysis of the major shareholders of most all the top companies among the Meatocracy reveals a stunning fact: the major companies across these vast industries are all controlled by just four major shareholders. The “BigFour” financial holding companies of Vanguard, BlackRock, State Street and Fidelity are the top shareholders of all the major publicly-held companies among the Meatocracy.
Deeper still, this same BigFour that own controlling interests in BigMeat, BigPharma and BigChem are also majority shareholders of the top global “BigMedia” conglomerates.”
How much more appealing does a Game where people live in abundant harmony with nature rather than focusing on a fear and scarcity based scramble to madly accumulate (and savage) from nature?
If you want to work on “The greatest transformation in human history” then please become a part of Vegan World 2026.
Even to an often deludedly idealistic little optimist such as myself this sounds like a big goal… and yet, how unrealistic would the Internet have sounded to the generations before its existence?
When we break it down to a matter of every vegan just convincing more than ONE person to go vegan and the resulting exponential growth getting us to a Vegan World in 2026 – that’s incredibly heartening. And exciting. It means every single little positive seed you plant – each little vegan seed of love and compassion – they ALL count.This is a question of whether we, humans, can change our culture and begin to truly care for all Creation, nurture all Life and thereby avert our own extinction. Dr Sailesh Rao @climatehealers #veganlife Click To Tweet
To dig deeper with everything Sailesh and I covered today (and so much more) check out the Climate Healers main site: https://www.climatehealers.org/
For stats and facts:
Please watch The Films THEY Don’t Want You To See. It’ll link you directly to:
- The Human Experiment: “We found that governments are not regulating the toxic chemicals in our industrial products and effluents. Worldwide, we are pouring an estimated 250 billion tons of toxic chemicals into the environment, seven times as much as all the CO2 we are pouring into the atmosphere. And virtually nobody is talking about it. These toxins then work their way up the food chain in the environment and get concentrated in the animal foods we eat.”
- Cowspiracy: “We found that non-profit organisations and the government don’t want to talk about the environmental impact of animal foods.”
- What The Health: “We found that health care organisations and the medical industry fix the symptoms of our chronic diseases with pharmaceuticals and medical procedures without telling us that if we stopped eating animal foods, we could cure most of those diseases.”
Contact Sailesh directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s it for this week in Healthification. Huge thanks to YOU for sharing this week with me. If you’ve enjoyed this show and gotten value out of it I’d super appreciate it if you pop over to iTunes or wherever you listen to the show and leave me a review.
The Healthification podcast is proudly bought to you by my FREE ‘Easy Vegan’ plan. It took me 25 years to transition from a meat eater to a happy, healthy Vegan! You can do it in just 3 days with my simplified ‘easy vegan’ plan! Get the fit, strong, and healthy plant based body you deserve… while avoiding ALL the mistakes I made along the way!
Till next time, remember Creating a body and life you love is Freedom. (If this ex-carb queen, non genetically gifted, naturally uncoordinated vegan chick can do it – so can YOU!!!)
If you liked “Dr Sailesh Rao, Healing The Earth’s Climate and Creating A Vegan World 2026” you’ll also like E668: Human Induced Climate Change with Emergency Leaders for Climate Action co-founder Ken Thompson.
If you liked “Dr Sailesh Rao, Healing The Earth’s Climate and Creating A Vegan World 2026” you’ll also like E622: Theodora Capaldo and Why Non-animal Testing Methods Are Superior On All Fronts.
If you liked “Dr Sailesh Rao, Healing The Earth’s Climate and Creating A Vegan World 2026” you’ll also like 638: PETA’s Ingrid Newkirk | Animals Are Not Ours To Experiment On, Eat, Wear, Use For Entertainment or Abuse In Any Other Way.