I’m republishing this show on How Not To Diet in excited anticipation of my upcoming podcast with Dr Michael Greger!
Let’s keep this intro short. For now please enjoy my first conversation with Dr Greger and of course stay tuned to the chat to come. It’s recorded and will be released aligned with his new How Not To Age book on the 5th December!
Here are the show notes for the original show: E664: Dr Michael Greger and How Not To Diet, The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide.
In this interview we cover:
- Dr Greger’s personal journey to a plant based lifestyle and to helping others take control of their health as influenced by his Grandmother who was cured of her end stage heart disease with a whole foods plant based diet.
- How to live a healthy and obesity free life without dieting.
- 17 Ingredients for the Ideal Weight Loss Diet. Including: Anti-inflammatory. High in fibre rich foods. Low in meat.
- 21 Weight Loss Boosters. What we eat matters most however how and when can also make a difference. Tools to further boost weight loss including: Negative calorie preloading. Wall off your calories.
- 21 Tweaks to optimise The Daily Dozen checklist (“Green light” foods from How Not To Die)for weight loss.
- Some of the stand out studies / findings that most surprised Dr Greger.
- Push back to The Game Changers.
- We discuss the Palaeolithic diet and how our bodies work best on the diet we were designed to eat.
- Given there’s so much research on a safe, side effect free solution to obesity why is institutional change so painfully slow?
Connect with Dr Michael Greger via his amazing website: https://nutritionfacts.org/
Check out Dr Michael Greger’s podcast Nutrition Facts with Dr. Greger:
That’s it for this week in Healthification.
However, have you checked out my Plant Positive Journal yet?
I am so very proud of this stunning journal. There is now also a fillable PDF version available for immediate download so wherever you are in the world you can still get Plant Positive with me!
If you are plant-based curious. Or already vegan and need a healthier approach to the lifestyle.
In this daily journal you will learn how to consistently prioritise food, exercise and other healthy habits that build on each other to have a compounding and lasting effect.
To help you create a BODY and LIFE you LOVE by successfully managing your TIME and your MIND.
It makes a great gift to YOU!
Or, for the loved one who is plant-based curious or who has been a valuable vegan ally to you.
You can check out the printed version HERE:
Plus, the fillable PDF HERE:
Importantly, the journal follows a twelve month format however is not dated so it is perfect to use at ANY time of the year.
With love and gratitude plant friends.
If you liked “E839: An Ultimate Weight Loss Guide with Dr Michael Greger (Encore)” you’ll also like Dr. Will Bulsiewicz and How To Become Gut Healthy Through A Plant Based, Fiber Rich Diet.
If you liked “E839: An Ultimate Weight Loss Guide with Dr Michael Greger (Encore)” you’ll also like Heal Your Food Sensitivities with Gastroenterologist Dr Will Bulsiewicz and Fiber Fueled Delicious Plant Based Recipes.
If you liked “E839: An Ultimate Weight Loss Guide with Dr Michael Greger (Encore)” you’ll also like A Happier Gut and A Healthier You with Gastroenterologist Dr Alan Desmond and The Plant-Based Diet Revolution.
If you liked “E839: An Ultimate Weight Loss Guide with Dr Michael Greger (Encore)” you’ll also like E669: Dr Neal Barnard and Optimising Hormonal Health with Simple Diet Changes.
If you liked “E839: An Ultimate Weight Loss Guide with Dr Michael Greger (Encore)” you’ll also like E664: Dr Michael Greger and How Not To Diet, The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide.
If you liked “E839: An Ultimate Weight Loss Guide with Dr Michael Greger (Encore)” you’ll also like Good For Your Gut and Plant-based Approaches to Optimal Gut Health with Desiree Nielsen.